Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by "Simpson, Jeff" <js...@EZPRICING.com> on 2000/08/10 00:24:14 UTC

SOAPException changes to allow details

Here are some changes that I made that allow the Server Class to throw a
SOAPException and return back a SOAP Fault detail.  It has the happy side
effect of allowing you to also send back your own fault codes.

I added a vector, details, to SOAPException, and made getters and setter for
it.

I made some changes to rpcrouter.jsp.  Here where the SOAPException is
caught I test the targetException to see if it was a SOAPException and if it
was I set the fault Details to the exceptions details.  I think this clears
up a few bugs.

If you decide to use this use the details you should be careful that the
Vector must be filled only with Elements.

Jeffrey V. Simpson
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.ezpricing.com/
Tel: 	(202)  833-4949 x116
Cell:	(202) 253-1302
Fax: 	(202) 833-3819

Re: SOAPException changes to allow details

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
SOAPException changes to allow detailsThis is a needed fix, however, I'd like to visit the reason behind
org.apache.soap.Fault having a vector of elements for the body
of the detail element. That seems overkill .. that should be just
a simple string IMO. Matt ??

If we change that to a string, then the exception can also be
a string and that way we can easily have a default where if there's
no detail set in the exception, the exception -> fault conversion
drops in a stacktrace into the detail element.

What do you think?

Sanjiva.