Posted to dev@nlpcraft.apache.org by Moein Hosseini <ab...@moein.xyz.INVALID> on 2020/08/23 21:27:53 UTC

Hi All

Hi everyone,

This is Moein Hosseini and this is my very first and introduction email in dev mailing list.

Let me say my story from a few months ago. I was looking to create a DIY smart mirror for my house, but for being "smart" I really liked it able to understand my voice commands. There were a bunch of libs for Speech2Text, but then I had to do a lot of stuff by myself to create a rule database.
Tonight I've seen nlpcraft randomly and found it interesting. It could be the missing part of the puzzle to build smart devices.
About me, I'm a senior software engineer at Quantcast <https://www.quantcast.com/> (London office) and worked as Data Engineer before for about 3 years. I write code mostly in Scala, Java and Python (Honestly I don't like dynamic typing) and used to work with some big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Kafka, Cassandra).

My MS thesis was around "forecasting elections using twitter". From the technical point, I tried to extract sentiment and aspect of sentiment from short text to cluster the opinions. I was a fan of Bing Liu <https://www.cs.uic.edu/~liub/> works those years. But now my knowledge is outdated around NLP.

I will be happy to join the community and spend a few hours each week on nlpcraft. My username is moein7tl in Jira.

Kind Regards,Moein

--
Moein Hosseini
Software Engineer | abc@moein.xyz

Re: Hi All

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Moein,
Welcome to the community!

Just another thought as you are looking around: we are actively looking for
presenters at the local meetups & conferences (all this is online for now
given COVID-19 situation). If necessary, we can help with presentation
materials & submissions. Let us know if you are up for public speaking.

Thanks & happy to have you on board!
--
Nikita Ivanov

Re: Hi All