Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by David Sitsky <si...@nuix.com> on 2008/04/01 00:20:51 UTC

Re: ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1313))

For what its worth, I did another run last night on my 6 quad-core
system.  This time I had the derby issue happen for a JVM process on
machine 1, two processes on machine 4, and one on machine 5.  I run four
JVM processes per quad-core machine.

All the JVM processes have roughly the same data processing rate, but
the issue happens at different times into the load.  The problem
occurred around time 420, 480, 800 and 900 minutes into the load for the
four problematic processes.

As is always the case - all of them report the issue on page 1313, and
there are no disk errors reported by Windows.

Any ideas what the problem might be?  I am happy to invest the time to
track down the issue, but I need some guidance from the Derby gurus.

I noticed 1313 in binary is 10100100001.  Does this have special
significance within Derby's binary tree structures?

Cheers,
David

Posted by David Sitsky <si...@nuix.com>.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> David Sitsky <si...@nuix.com> writes:
>
>> For what its worth, I did another run last night on my 6 quad-core
>> system.  This time I had the derby issue happen for a JVM process on
>> machine 1, two processes on machine 4, and one on machine 5.  I run
>> four JVM processes per quad-core machine.
>>
>> All the JVM processes have roughly the same data processing rate, but
>> the issue happens at different times into the load.  The problem
>> occurred around time 420, 480, 800 and 900 minutes into the load for
>> the four problematic processes.
>
> Just to clarify: These jvm processes do not access the SAME database, do
> they?

No - they all have their own embedded derby database.

Cheers,
David

Re: ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1313))

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.

--
dt