Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Lewis, Grant" <Le...@scra.org> on 2001/03/05 23:32:43 UTC

Problems with html custom tag

I'm having problems with the html custom tag in the html tag library. One of
the properties defined by the html tag is locale. The tag handler defines
the following method to set this property:

setLocale(boolean locale)

I thought the JSP container passed all tag attributes as strings. When I try
to use this tag in JRun 3.0, JRun produced the following lines of code in
the .java file resulting from the JSP page translation. It tries to call
setLocale passing a string instead of the boolean expected by the tag
handler. The ultimate result is a JSP compile error. If this is a bug, I can
easily fix it myself, but I want to make sure this is a bug first.

org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag html__6_1 =
(org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag)
  JRunJSPStaticHelpers.createTagHandler
    (pageContext,"org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag");
html__6_1.setPageContext(pageContext);
html__6_1.setParent(null);
html__6_1.setLocale("true");

Grant