Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/22 17:06:42 UTC

problem applying latest RTF patch

Team,

I'm having difficulty applying Peter Herweg's latest
RTF patch--for some reason my Windows patch tool is
going into infinite loops while trying to process it
(The problem could be the patch file itself or how I'm
using the patch tool--I'm not sure.)  Will someone
else take over the patch?

[Incidentally, this "someone else" can be Peter
himself at this stage...I'd like to see a little bit
more FOP-DEV/-USER ML communication from him, however
the quality & quantity of his patches have been very
good.  I'm open for making him committer should others
also feel this way at this time.]

Thanks,
Glen

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: problem applying latest RTF patch

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Hehe, Eclipse provides a nice interface to work around the problem in no
time. The problem was that the patch was somehow made from the parent
directory of the xml-fop module. Eclipse (and maybe even "patch", but I
haven't checked) provides a function that lets you snip a certain number
of path elements off of each filename.

Anyway, the patch is applied.

On 22.11.2003 17:06:42 Glen Mazza wrote:
> I'm having difficulty applying Peter Herweg's latest
> RTF patch--for some reason my Windows patch tool is
> going into infinite loops while trying to process it
> (The problem could be the patch file itself or how I'm
> using the patch tool--I'm not sure.)  Will someone
> else take over the patch?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Peter Herweg for committer (WAS: problem applying latest RTF patch)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
+1

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@tkachenko.com>.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Peter Herweg for committer (WAS: problem applying latest RTF patch)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Victor Mote wrote:
>>[Incidentally, this "someone else" can be Peter
>>himself at this stage...I'd like to see a little bit
>>more FOP-DEV/-USER ML communication from him, however
>>the quality & quantity of his patches have been very
>>good.  I'm open for making him committer should others
>>also feel this way at this time.]
>

> +1

+1

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Peter Herweg for committer

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ok, I count:
Eight +1.
No vetoes.

If there are no objections until 2003-12-01 18:00 CET I'll
take the necessary actions.

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] Peter Herweg for committer (WAS: problem applying latest RTF patch)

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Victor Mote wrote:
> +1
>
> Victor Mote

+1

Re: [VOTE] Peter Herweg for committer (WAS: problem applying latest RTF patch)

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Victor Mote wrote:
> +1

+1

Christian

Re: [VOTE] Peter Herweg for committer (WAS: problem applying latest RTF patch)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Lundi, 24 nov 2003, à 23:03 Europe/Zurich, Victor Mote a écrit :

> Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> [Incidentally, this "someone else" can be Peter
>> himself at this stage...I'd like to see a little bit
>> more FOP-DEV/-USER ML communication from him, however
>> the quality & quantity of his patches have been very
>> good.  I'm open for making him committer should others
>> also feel this way at this time.]

Although currently inactive, I'm particularly happy to cast my

+1

on this one.

Thanks Peter for all the work you already did integrating/improving
jfor!

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Peter Herweg for committer

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
+1 from me too...Let's hope he works out as well as
that last nomination of yours did!   ;-)

Glen

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.