Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Ritter, Steve" <St...@netapp.com> on 2001/06/07 17:29:35 UTC

Can someone figure out this FormTag error?

Hey Everyone, I am simply trying to get the struts-example working with my servlet engine.  I can successfully navigate to the login page.  However, if I enter a user/pass combo (valid or not) my web server responds with a 404.  I also get this error in my log file:

[06/07/2001 08:17:55:795|20416] (ERROR) request_handler: Servlet Error: ClassNotFoundException: logon

Now, I have not modified the struts-config.xml file:

  <global-forwards>
    <forward   name="logoff"               path="/logoff.do"/>
    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.jsp"/>
    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.jsp"/>
  </global-forwards>

    <!-- Process a user logon -->
    <action    path="/logon"
               type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.LogonAction"
               name="logonForm"
              scope="request"
              input="/logon.jsp">
    </action>

So this should all work right?  Any clues as to what's wrong?

By the way, I had to modify org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doEndTag() to get around the "can't remove attributes from request scope" issue.

Thanks for any help.

--Steve