Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com> on 2021/07/05 13:00:26 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-707: The future of KafkaFuture

During code review Chia-Ping noticed that the `throws InterruptedException`
clause on the declaration of KafkaFuture#getNow() is not needed. We propose
to remove it. Note that removing it is not a source compatible change since
existing code which caught InterruptedException would get a compile error
about the exception not being thrown in the try block.

Please reply here if you want to discuss further, otherwise we'll assume
removing it is acceptable.

Kind regards,

Tom

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Hi Colin,

Sorry, I probably should've updated the thread, but that's indeed what we
did.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.