Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2012/05/06 15:31:36 UTC

Switching Source

As part of the TLP handover, we need to 'svn move' our source from  the
incubator[2] to top level[3]. Developers will need to 'svn switch' their
sources after the happens.

Activity levels seem low ATM. So, I'll probably just post an
announcement an hour or two before the move is due, unless anyone jumps
in asking me to hold off but better plans welcomed ;-)

Robert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#new-project-hand-over
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur

Re: [rat] JUnit4 [WAS Re: Switching Source]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 7 May 2012 20:10, Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 05/07/12 11:33, Hugo Hirsch wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> On Sun, 06 May 2012 14:31:36 +0100, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>>
>>> Activity levels seem low ATM. So, I'll probably just post an
>>> announcement an hour or two before the move is due, unless anyone
>>> jumps in asking me to hold off but better plans welcomed ;-)
>>

>> Could anyone with commit rights decide whether to add my patch from
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-115
>> before the svn move occurs.
>

> Apologies - I didn't expect infra to be so efficient. I should be able to
> sort out the patch without too many problems in any case...
>
>> There seems to be a resistance against JUnit 4.0 - what's the cause of
>> that?

Is there?

> I'm happy with either JUnit3 or JUnit4, though I can't speak for anyone
> else.

Same here.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.

Re: Switching Source

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 05/08/12 12:48, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2012-05-07, Hugo Hirsch wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a resistance against JUnit 4.0 - what's the cause of
>> that?
>
> There was some resistance by me to require Java5 just to be able to use
> JUnit4.  Now that we are at Java5 anyway I don't see any reason to stick
> to JUnit3 either.

:-)

Unless anyone jumps in soon, I'll go ahead and take a look at the patch

Robert

Re: Switching Source

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-05-07, Hugo Hirsch wrote:

> There seems to be a resistance against JUnit 4.0 - what's the cause of
> that?

There was some resistance by me to require Java5 just to be able to use
JUnit4.  Now that we are at Java5 anyway I don't see any reason to stick
to JUnit3 either.

Stefan

Re: Switching Source

Posted by Hugo Hirsch <as...@hugo-hirsch.de>.
Hi everyone,

On Sun, 06 May 2012 14:31:36 +0100, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> Activity levels seem low ATM. So, I'll probably just post an
> announcement an hour or two before the move is due, unless anyone
> jumps in asking me to hold off but better plans welcomed ;-)

Could anyone with commit rights decide whether to add my patch from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-115
before the svn move occurs.

There seems to be a resistance against JUnit 4.0 - what's the cause of
that?

Cheers
Hugo