Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Job Thomas <jo...@suntecgroup.com> on 2013/11/25 17:15:45 UTC

Hbase block size

Hi all ,

  Please tell me how to set Hbase block size in hbase-site.xml .
  I am using HBase 0.94.12 with hadoop 1.0.4 .
  I have red that by setting block size to small value(say 8 kb ) , we can improve habse random read.
  Is that currect? How that property affect the performance improvement if that is right?

With  Thank for all support till now,

Best Regards,
Job M Thomas

Re: Hbase block size

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#schema.cf.blocksize

Note: with smaller block sizes, the number of StoreFile indexes increases.

Cheers