Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by S C <as...@outlook.com> on 2013/02/09 03:54:45 UTC

How to change the tokens?

I am trying to change the token of the Cassandra node but it is using a saved token. I have tried "-Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false" in the startup script but did not find it useful. Any thoughts?

Thanks,SC

Re: How to change the tokens?

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com>.
Not sure why you would need to do that...And regardless you will need to move the data to change the tokens.

On Feb 8, 2013, at 7:01 PM, "S C" <as...@outlook.com>> wrote:

I have a scenario where I have to swap the tokens of the two nodes in a three node cluster.

Thanks,
SC

________________________________
From: mkjellman@barracuda.com<ma...@barracuda.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 18:57:07 -0800
Subject: Re: How to change the tokens?

You need to move the node to the new token you would like. Take care to only do one move operation at a time in the ring and also do a repair –pr and cleanup after the move operation.

See nodetool move for more information

Best,
michael

RE: How to change the tokens?