Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com> on 2013/05/30 23:22:36 UTC

Using Apache Geranimo JSTL

All,

While working on getting integration tests set up for the new TagLib functionality, I found that the Apache Geranimo project released a JSTL bundle for their servlet container.
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.geronimo.bundles%7Cjstl%7C1.2_1%7Cbundle

Would anyone be opposed to including this bundle in the Launchpad Builder?  Unless we need to modify the JSTL code, we could probably shutter the existing Sling JSTL project as well.   Right now the JSP I am using for integration tests makes extensive use of JSTL and it would probably be beneficial for developers overall to have access to JSTL in Sling 7.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan

RE: Using Apache Geranimo JSTL

Posted by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com>.
Robert,

I would admit I have not done extensive testing of the Geranimo JSTL implementation in Sling, however it seems at least the common tags work.  Would there be any reason to re-bundle the JSTL implementation if it was already done by the Geranimo team?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted by Csákány Róbert <ro...@semmi.se>.
Hi!

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
+1 for using this and killing the existing Sling JSTL project. I don't
think we ever made a release as I got distracted before writing integration
tests.

Justin

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com> wrote:
> ...Right now the JSP I am using for integration tests makes extensive use of JSTL and
> it would probably be beneficial for developers overall to have access to JSTL in Sling 7....

+1 to that

-Bertrand