Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Hiller, Frank RD-AS2" <Fr...@heidelberg.com> on 2006/09/11 15:23:47 UTC

Support of database views

Short question: I couldn't find a functionality to deal with database
views (create view...) within OJB.
Is there a reason for that?
Is the answer "use ReportQuery".

Thank you,
Frank

Confidentiality note:
The information in this email and any attachment may contain confidential and proprietary information of Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG and/or its affiliates and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited and may cause liability. In case you have received this message due to an error in transmission, we kindly ask you to notify the sender immediately and to delete this email and any attachment from your system.

Re: Fetching Identity

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 9/16/06, sachin@mechsoftgroup.com <sa...@mechsoftgroup.com> wrote:

> I am using MS Sql server 2000 as database server.
> Primary key of table is generated using Identity.
>        How can we get currently generated identity?

After saving an object, its field that is mapped to the primary key,
should contain the value.
If you're sure that only one thread accesses the database, then you
could also use Sql Server specific SQL to get the value (via JDBC):

http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=319

Tom

Fetching Identity

Posted by sa...@mechsoftgroup.com.
Hi,
I am using MS Sql server 2000 as database server.
Primary key of table is generated using Identity.
       How can we get currently generated identity?

Thanks in advance.

From,
Sachin

AW: Support of database views

Posted by "Hiller, Frank RD-AS2" <Fr...@heidelberg.com>.
Good idea, works fine.
Thank you..................Frank

We used to work with views without any issue, just put view's name as "table" attribute in "class-descriptor". However, you will only be able to read objects from that view.

Regards,
  Vasily

Posted by "Hiller, Frank RD-AS2" <Fr...@heidelberg.com>.
Additional information: When I explicitely remove the objects from the brokers internal cache (broker.removeFromCache(obj)) it works.
Is it a bug?

Frank

Re: Support of database views

Posted by Vasily Ivanov <ba...@gmail.com>.