Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/06 18:20:11 UTC

Fwd: [AMF] DeviceMap Support

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 1:08 PM
Subject: [AMF] DeviceMap Support
To: AMF Device Detection <am...@googlegroups.com>

Idel/all,

Taking this topic into a new thread, I think it was a bit hidden in others
on new releases.

In addition to official Apache DeviceMap clients, there are at least
A Ruby Client:
https://github.com/soylent/device_map
and Clojure Wrapper around the Java Classifier:
https://github.com/timgalebach/clj-devicemap

Regards,
Werner

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 11:11:33 PM UTC+2, Werner Keil wrote:

> Hi Idel,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Point taken, that some more documentation would
> help DeviceMap and potential users.
>
> The binary distribution of the device repository
> http://devicemap-vm.apache.org/data/latest/ is where most clients read it
> from, although one may also host it directly in their own site if they wish
> so.
>
> These clients all access the latest DDR from Apache.org
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/clients/1.0/
> Which language are you most comfortable with?
>
> Happy to point you to details of the way these access the DDR for the
> client/language you prefer.
> I believe, former PMC member Reza did use C/C++, but I don't think he ever
> contributed any of that to Apache.
>
> Regards,
> Werner
>

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Idel Fuschini wrote:
>
>> Hi Werner,
>> the docs on DeviceMap is not very clear, what I need is to have your
>> device repository and a step by step tutorial to how read your data and so
>> to integrate with AMF.
>>
>> regards
>> I.
>>
>> On 4 April 2016 at 22:04, Idel Fuschini wrote:

>> --
>> --
>>
>> ---
>> "AMF Device Detection" group.