Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jtester <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/31 14:29:38 UTC

How to test webbased application based on jaxb

Hi,
I m new to jmeter, I m having trouble doing a load test on a jaxb webbased
application.  Please shed some light

Ex: I have a request url and a confirmation url.

1.In the request url i give some data in the fields and click on submit. A
dynamic url is created and shows a unique id for the submitted data in xml
format.

2. In the confirmation url i give the unique id generated previously and
click on submit. A dynamic url is created and display in xml format about
the status.

I would like to know:
1.How can i record this scenario using jmeter and do load test for this
scenario?
2.How can i pass the unique id from the request url to confirmation url?

Thanks

Re: How to test webbased application based on jaxb

Posted by Peter Peterse <pe...@peterse-uithuizen.com>.
Maybe you should look to the XPath Extractor. With XPath you can go into
the XML.

Regards,
Peter

Posted by ZK <st...@gmail.com>.
jtester wrote:

> Hi,
> I m new to jmeter, I m having trouble doing a load test on a jaxb webbased
> application.  Please shed some light
>
> Ex: I have a request url and a confirmation url.
>
> 1.In the request url i give some data in the fields and click on submit. A
> dynamic url is created and shows a unique id for the submitted data in xml
> format.
>
> 2. In the confirmation url i give the unique id generated previously and
> click on submit. A dynamic url is created and display in xml format about
> the status.
>
> I would like to know:
> 1.How can i record this scenario using jmeter and do load test for this
> scenario?
> 2.How can i pass the unique id from the request url to confirmation url?
>
> Thanks

1. http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf

2.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor