Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Haritha_Parvatham <Ha...@satyam.com> on 2006/03/02 05:36:53 UTC

How to intergrate lucene with my web application

Hi,

Thanks to all,
I have sucessfully installed lucene 1.4.3 & able to run it.
Now ,I would like to intergrate lucene with my web application.Please
guide me the steps for doing intergration.

Iam using snowball stemmer for my application Since i want lucene to
support multilingualism.
But i don't know how to plugin snowball in lucene.
I have downloaded snowball stemmer source code.

Thanks

DISCLAIMER:

Re: How to intergrate lucene with my web application

Posted by gekkokid <me...@gekkokid.org.uk>.
hi, i would download the 1.9 version as your starting fresh (unless you need
the 1.4.3 version for some reason), what is your web application? and what
should lucene be doing when intergrated with your web app?

there is a simple example in the binary 1.9 download, /src/jsp, look at
"results.jsp", its a basic example of a search page (but i guess your need a
Context class to hold the IndexSearcher for every instance/execution of
lucene in your web app) that should demostrate an idea of how it works

I would recommend Lucene In Action, http://lucenebook.com

regards,

_gk