Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dayanand Urs <da...@winfoware.co.in> on 2001/10/05 10:26:22 UTC

other/8471: Unable to do Virtual Hosting on Multiple Machines

>Number:         8471
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Unable to do Virtual Hosting on Multiple Machines
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have Successfully Configured my apache 1.3 to support Virtual Hosting. I am using IP based Virtual Hosting, and its working fine. Now my problem is, suppose I am hosting my domain on different machines, can a single apache server service the requests comming for that domain. please note that the domain is in different machine. If a request comes for that domain, is it possible for apache server residingh in another server to service the request.
Is there any way of doing this?? has anybody done this before.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Is there any "RELAY" or "CHAINING" sort of thing in apache like in RADIUS/LDAP servers to chase referals. If we r able to do this then apache will work like an absolute beauty.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]