Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kiarna Boyd <ki...@hotmail.com> on 2003/03/13 22:22:35 UTC

foreach directory copy question

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to copy the contents of a master directory to several client
directories as part of my build.
The requirements include not to overwrite some of the existing client build
sub dirs.

I read the archieves and saw a section on the topic and Simon was kind
enough to send me some examples using foreach.

However I am having a hard time understanding some of it and would greatly
appreciate your assistance.

So to begin the masterdir
I also need to know how to change the delimiter in the foreach to new line
rather than coma. So I may use the out put form unix 'ls'

delimiter=? what is the ant symbol for newline?

I'd like to do the list from a Unix ls cmd to get a current listing of the
new client directories each time the build is run.

<foreach list="${dev.env}"
                delimiter=""
                target="newversion"
                param="thisEnv">

  </foreach>

  <target name="newversion">
        <echo message="environment: ${thisEnv}"/>
        <copy todir="${builddir}/${thisEnv}">
            <fileset dir="${masterdir}"/>
        </copy>
            </target>

I believe I have to add a filset exclude for the sub directories I do not
want copied.

I tried to use wildcards but ant actually made directories named '**'.
;)

Thank you for your time.

Kiarna