Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marc van de Geijn <ma...@vdgeijn.com> on 2002/12/18 12:18:03 UTC

Problem configuring Apache + Tomcat 4.0.1

Hi,

I'm trying to move from a configuration where everything is being served by
tomcat to a configuration where apache is serving the static content and
tomcat the dynamic content (using servlets).

I think I'm almost there: authentication is working (using a JDBCRealm in
tomcat) and the index.html is redirecting a new user to the servlet
(http://domain/servlet/Admas).

Unfortunatly, after the authentication is approved apache/tomcat returns a
404 message: /Admas is not found.

Probably I have some directory misconfigured, but I can't find where. I must
say that this is my first configuration, so I think I just misunderstand one
or more of the parameters. I think I have set the context path incorrect,
but I've tried several possibilities, but none of them worked.

Any hints would be appreciated!!

Here is my configuration:

*** Directory tree ***
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas/index.html
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas/servlet
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas/servlet/WEB-INF
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas/servlet/WEB-INF/web.xml
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas/servlet/WEB-INF/classes (empty)
/opt/jakarta/webapps/admas/servlet/WEB-INF/lib (jars containing servlet code
and some other stuff)

*** part of httpd.conf ***
WebAppConnection conn_admas_http warp localhost:8006

<VirtualHost 192.168.44.2>
        ServerName admas.lokaal

        DocumentRoot /opt/jakarta/webapps/admas
        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/admas_error_log
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/admas_access_log combined

        WebAppDeploy servlet conn_admas_http /servlet

        <Location /servlet/WEB-INF>
                Options None
                AllowOverride None
                order deny,allow
                deny from all
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

*** part of server.xml ***
<Service name="Admas-HTTP">
    <Connector className =
"org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
        port="8006"
        minProcessors="3"
        maxProcessors="30"
        scheme="http"
        secure="false"
        enableLookups="true"
        appBase="webapps"
        acceptCount="10"
        debug="99"/>

    <Engine className = "org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
      name="Admas-HTTP"
      debug="99">

      <Logger className = "org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
        prefix="admas_http_log."
        suffix=".txt"
        timestamp="true"/>

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
        debug="99"
        driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/admas"
        connectionName="xxxxxxxxx"
        connectionPassword="xxxxxxxx"
        userTable="user" userNameCol="login" userCredCol="password"
        userRoleTable="userrole" roleNameCol="role"
        digest="MD5" />

      <Host className = "org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpHost"
        name="admas.lokaal"
        debug="99"
        appBase="webapps/admas"
        unpackWARs="false" >

        <Context path = "servlet" docBase= "webapps/admas/servlet"
reloadable="true" debug="99" />

      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>

*** web.xml ***

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>
   <servlet>
      <servlet-name>Admas</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.vdgeijn.admas.servlet.Admas</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

   <servlet>
      <servlet-name>auth</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>AuthServlet</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

   <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
         <web-resource-name>Admas</web-resource-name>
         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <auth-constraint>
         <role-name>*</role-name>