Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2021/08/09 14:05:37 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache Groovy Board Report Aug 2021 (reporting on May/Jun/Jul)

Hi Folks,

Any other updates/comments before I submit our latest board report? (Due in
a couple of days)

Thanks, Paul.

===============>8==============

Apache Groovy is responsible for the evolution and maintenance of the
Groovy
programming language

## Issues:
No issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Groovy was founded 2015-11-18 (6 years ago)
There are currently 20 committers and 11 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Eric Milles on 2020-11-20.
- No new committers. Last addition was Mikko Värri on 2020-06-03.

## Project Activity:
We continue to work on bug fixes for 2.5.x and 3.0.x and continue to assist
other non-Apache projects within the Groovy ecosystem move to Groovy 3.

We are also continuing on our roadmap for Groovy 4. We recently added
support for sealed classes and switch expressions and expect them to be
made available in a beta release shortly. A final GA release for Groovy 4
is still expected later this year. We have also been working on improving
our support for JDK16 (recently released) and JDK17 (coming shortly).

Recent releases:
3.0.8 was released on 2021-04-19.
4.0.0-alpha-3 was released on 2021-04-16.

## Community Health:
Activity has been a little quieter than normal but we expect it to
pick up after our next release(s).

This quarter, 228 commits were contributed from 8 contributors
including 4 non-committer contributors (4 new).