Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by enLogica <ne...@enlogica.com> on 2003/01/14 22:58:17 UTC

WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

I am attempting to setup Tomcat 4.1 with Apache 2.0.4.  Per the instructions
in my book I am suppose to download the "Web Application Module" for Apache
in order to allow these two to talk, but it is not listed on
http://modules.apache.org/search.

With v.2.0 do I still need to download this mod?

If so, where can I find it?

Thanks.
Neal

Re: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Posted by Peter Harrison <pe...@asterisk.co.nz>.
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:58, enLogica wrote:
> I am attempting to setup Tomcat 4.1 with Apache 2.0.4.  Per the
> instructions in my book I am suppose to download the "Web Application
> Module" for Apache in order to allow these two to talk, but it is not
> listed on
> http://modules.apache.org/search.

Perhaps:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/archives/v4.0.1/bin

I had problems finding it again when deploying against apache yesterday.

Regards,

Peter

Re: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Posted by Thom Park <tp...@borland.com>.
On Windows, the WARP connector has threading issues - I believe that's
the main reason why it's mentioned that on Windows it's not supported.

I wrote an IIOP module for Apache 1.3 using mod_webapp as a starting
point and had to add quite a bit of mutex usage to stabilize the thing
under windows. When I had to move to Apache 2.0, I re-wrote the thing -
basing it on the architecture of mod_jk.

If you're working with apache 2.0 - most definitely go with mod_jk.

(IMHO...)
-Thom

--
"My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,

http://www.etsu.edu/english/muse/owen.htm

--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers
have the freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only
for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail
and any printout thereof.

Re: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
Neal -

Certainly on Windows it is. But on Linux as well, I've heard people
complain about things like connectivity breaking after certain periods
of time. I vaguely remember having something similar happen, but at the
moment I can't recall what the exact issue was. Let me ask - is there a
particular reason why you want webapp instead of jk? If you are using it
for production, as I said before, jk simply has had more of a life and
has had more bugs worked out of it. Consequently it is super stable. My
own sites stay up for months on end with no problems. I have one site
that has been continuously up for almost a year using jk.

Regards,

Lajos

RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.

RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

RE: WARP (Apache<->Tomcat)

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
This is totally screwey!

Does WARP work on Windows or not?!?!

On one hand I've read a tutorial wherein the user claims to have setup warp
using windos, but on the other I just read the website for webApp module
(http://jakarta.apache.org/~jfclere/webapp_docs/index.html) and it states
that it is currently not supported on Windows.

And this is aside from finding an answer to the question of where this works
with Apache 2.0 or not!

Anyone out there using WARP or is everyone using mod_JK?

Thanks.
Neal