Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Xavier Naveira <xa...@ongame.com> on 2012/10/26 10:05:03 UTC

vCenter max connections

Hi,

I'm building a web application that uses deltacloud to poll status for
the servers on a vCenter 5.0.0

If I launch too many queries concurrently vCenter stops answering them,
I've googled around and it seems taht vCenter has a max concurrent
connections limit that is 40.

I know that you could argue that this is not a deltacloud issue but if
you are pursuing total transparency for the deltacloud users it would be
a really nice feature that deltacloud itself does the management of this
limit.

What do you think?

Xavier

Re: vCenter max connections

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On 10/26/2012 10:05 AM, Xavier Naveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a web application that uses deltacloud to poll status for
> the servers on a vCenter 5.0.0
>
> If I launch too many queries concurrently vCenter stops answering them,
> I've googled around and it seems taht vCenter has a max concurrent
> connections limit that is 40.
>
> I know that you could argue that this is not a deltacloud issue but if
> you are pursuing total transparency for the deltacloud users it would be
> a really nice feature that deltacloud itself does the management of this
> limit.
>
> What do you think?

I think you're right + this is 'good to known' :-) We can expose the
--max-conn thin option using 'deltacloudd' command, so when you start DC
you can do:

$ deltacloudd -i vsphere --max-conn 40

-- Michal

--