Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Daniel Parry <da...@caret.cam.ac.uk> on 2008/01/04 17:41:20 UTC

proxy listener not starting

Hello all,

We run a couple of instances of continuum 1.0.3 on an xserve which
until recently were working fine. For some reason one instance now
has stopped working on its proxy port. In the application.xml we
have:

            <listeners>
              <proxy-http-listener>
                <port>8081</port>
                <proxy-host>HOSTNAME</proxy-host>
                <proxy-port>80</proxy-port>
              </proxy-http-listener>

and the log shows continuum to start as far as:

4885 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.initialization.ContinuumInitializer -
Continuum initializer running ...

but netstat tells me nothing is listening on 8081, though the
other listener is working on port 8001. (The other instance with a
similar config works fine and is listening on 8080 and 8000) I
tried adding debug in the log config, but that proved no help to
me. I can connect to the derby db with the command line utils. So
I'm ata loss to explain why this port is not coming up?!

Any ideas as to what's going on here? Anyone seen this before? I'm
happy to upgrade if that is likely to help?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Best wishes,

Daniel

--
--|-------| Daniel Parry: CARET daniel@caret.cam.ac.uk |-------|--
"I think there's a world market for about five computers."

Re: proxy listener not starting

Posted by Daniel Parry <da...@caret.cam.ac.uk>.
On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 04:41:20PM +0000, Daniel Parry wrote:
> We run a couple of instances of continuum 1.0.3 on an xserve
> which until recently were working fine. For some reason one
> instance now has stopped working on its proxy port.

To answer my own question for completeness... turned out to be a
corrupt derby datbase with solution at:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/CONTINUUMUSER/Continuum+FAQ

which involved removing duplicate entries in the
SYSTEMCONFIGURATION table.

Best wishes,

Daniel

--
--|-------| Daniel Parry: CARET daniel@caret.cam.ac.uk |-------|--
"If you walk on snow, you cannot hide your footprints."