Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Patterson <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/01 21:36:26 UTC

Permission Denied

I'm trying to create an Accumulo/Hadoop/Zookeeper configuration on a single
(Ubuntu) machine, with Hadoop 2.6.0, Zookeeper 3.4.6 and Accumulo 1.6.1.

I've got 3 userids for these components that are in the same group and no
other users are in that group.

I have zookeeper running, and hadoop as well.

Hadoop's core-site.xml file has the hadoop.tmp.dir set to
/app/hadoop/tmp.The /app/hadoop/tmp directory is owned by the hadoop user
and has permissions that allow other members of the group to write
(drwxrwxr-x).

When I try to initialize Accumulo, with bin/accumulo init, I get FATAL:
Failed to initialize filesystem.
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=accumulo, access=WRITE, inode="/":hadoop:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

So, my main question is which directory do I need to give group-write
permission so the accumulo user can write as needed so it can initialize?

The second problem is that the Accumulo init reports
[Configuration.deprecation] INFO : fs.default.name is deprecated. Instead
use fs.defaultFS. However, the hadoop core-site.xml file contains:
    <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
    <value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>

Is there somewhere else that this value (fs.default.name) is specified?
Could it be due to Accumulo having a default value and not getting the
override from hadoop because of the problem listed above?

Thanks

Dave Patterson
patterd@gmail.com