Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Boden, David" <da...@lehman.com> on 2006/09/20 11:45:58 UTC

Maven2 commons-transaction 1.0 only

When building a Slide project using Maven2, here are my dependencies.
Please note that there's a problem with the commons-transaction
dependency. Only version 1.1 is available on the ibiblio/maven2
repository. However, this causes problems so I've been forced to
download and install 1.0 into my local repository.

It would be good if Slide could be updated to:
1. Support a version of commons-transaction that is available on the
ibiblio maven repository.
2. Have a single pom.xml which would transitively drag in dependencies
like slide-kernel, slide-stores etc. to get a basic build up and
running. Users shouldn't have to declare all these dependencies
individually.

This is something to address in the next Slide release.

Thanks,
Dave

        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.4</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>slide</groupId>
            <artifactId>slide-kernel</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>slide</groupId>
            <artifactId>slide-webdavlib</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>slide</groupId>
            <artifactId>slide-webdavservlet</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>slide</groupId>
            <artifactId>slide-stores</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
        </dependency>

        <!-- 1.1 is too new. Causes problems -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-transaction</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-transaction</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
        </dependency>