Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by eric aboudaram <er...@aboudaram.net> on 2003/05/02 17:19:11 UTC

RE : Newbie Question: Can't receive any mail even it was sent by myself on the same machine where server is running, but I can get mail at Hotmail sent by James server from the same machine

Ok u have no valid domain thou.. That is not a domain
Add localhost and in your network you could receive and sent email
And add a valid domain for receive mail.
I think that i answer to your asking?

Bye

Can I build a free email site with James???

Posted by it world <it...@yahoo.com>.
I want to build a free web mail like Yahoo with James. Can I do it? Could you show me some idea? Thank you.

Best regard,

RE: RE : Newbie Question: Can't receive any mail even it was sent by myself on the same machine where server is running, but I can get mail at Hotmail sent by James server from the same machine

Posted by bo yang <b_...@yahoo.com>.
I tried to add a "valid" domain under the section you
mention , and it doesn't work either. One thing I do
not quite understand: Why I can just use james for my
LAN mail server, as long as I have DNS server for my
local network, I guess it should work? Why I have to
have a valid outside internet domain name in order to
just deliver my mail from this computer to another
computer in local network?

Is anybody out there may think my problem maybe some
other cause ?
I really need help to make the thing works for me.

Thanks,

by

Posted by bo yang <b_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,Eric: