Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Ewaschuk <ra...@student.math.uwaterloo.ca> on 2001/05/20 19:06:40 UTC

Session issues

I'm not 100% sure this belongs on the user list, but I think so --

My calls to req.getSession(true) are returning null, which, according to
the API should never happen.

The odd bit is that things work fine accessing tomcat directly, over port
8080, but going through apache w/ mod_webapp.so fails out.

the odd thing is that I had it all working recently, and I can't seem to
get it to work at all now.  tried several browsers, making sure that it
wasn't a cookies problem.

I've tried several versions of mod_webapp.so, and am not at a loss.  Using
tomcat 4.0b5 (tried b3, too) and apache 1.3.9 on debian/i386.

There are a few posts on the net that seem to indicate a bug in tomcat
that sets contexts to null, which is one of the (few) things that can
cause a call to req.getSession(true) to return null.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Thanks,
-Rob

:     Rob Ewaschuk     :  University of Waterloo  :
:  theideaproject.org  :     Computer Science     :

Anyone has StandardClassLoader.class ?? Correction: i meant beta 5

Posted by Matthias Schiffer <sc...@web.de>.
Hi!

 Please people tell me whether someone here own the
 StandardClassLoader.class of beta 4. Thank you very much. I have
several problems compiling my programs because this file is missing and
the src-code seems to be incorrect or my classpath is incorrect, but
the classpath consists of about 11 elements.....

Anyone has StandardClassLoader.class ??