Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vikas Srivastava <vi...@apple.com> on 2014/09/15 10:55:35 UTC

Migrate hive metastore from mysql to oracle

Hi Folks,

I have one requirement where we need to switch the hive-metastore database from mysql to oracle db, is there anyone who has performed this.

any link and doc would be appreciated.

thanks

Re: Migrate hive metastore from mysql to oracle

Posted by Damien Carol <dc...@blitzbs.com>.
Hi,

We use postgres for metastore. HIVE metastore only work with mysql. You
need a patch.

Can you check this patch : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7689 ?

Also, could you use user@hive.apache.org <ma...@hive.apache.org>
instead of this Hadoop One ?

Regards,

Damien CAROL

  * t�l : +33 (0)4 74 96 88 14
  * fax : +33 (0)4 74 96 31 88
  * email :dcarol@blitzbs.com <ma...@blitzbs.com>

BLITZ BUSINESS SERVICE

Le 15/09/2014 10:55, Vikas Srivastava a �crit :

Posted by Damien Carol <dc...@blitzbs.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Damien Carol <dc...@blitzbs.com>.
Hi,

We use postgres for metastore. HIVE metastore only work with mysql. You
need a patch.

Can you check this patch : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-7689 ?

Also, could you use user@hive.apache.org <ma...@hive.apache.org>
instead of this Hadoop One ?