Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 23:17:25 UTC

accessing gogo from a bundle

Hi all...

I'd like to execute felix shell commands from inside a bundle.  Used
to was, that was done with org.apache.felix.shell.ShellService.  I
assume it's done now using
org.apache.felix.service.command.CommandSession, fetched from
org.apache.felix.service.command.CommandProcessor.

But I can't seem to connect to package
org.apache.felix.service.command.  My manifest:

Import-Package: org.osgi.framework,
 org.chatterbot.parser,
 org.apache.felix.service.command
Export-Package: org.chatterbot.parsers.shellparser
Bundle-Activator: org.chatterbot.parsers.shellparser.activator
Bundle-Name: Chatterbot ShellParser

When I try to start the bundle I get "missing requirement package;
(package=org.apache.felix.service.command)"

I've tried adding ";version="0.8.0"" and it doesn't help.  And yes, I
have the three gogo bundles loaded and active. I even checked the gogo
runtime .jar's manifest to make sure it was exporting the package.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Don

Re: accessing gogo from a bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 4/4/11 23:14, Donald Whytock wrote:
> I see...thanks.  I really appreciate learning this...it was starting
> to drive me nuts.
>
> Is this one of those good-idea-type things I should do in every bundle
> from now on?

If you don't ever intend to run your bundle on very old OSGi frameworks,
then yes it is better to just always do this.

-> richard

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
If you would've used bnd somehow this would not have happened to you ... bnd will make sure you always create valid bundles or it warns you. Well, at least it tries to.

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.