Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/25 14:49:36 UTC

Tab Skinning - I did my best...

Guys,

I've successfully managed to skin my tabs with images (skin entries below),
but it seems too hard.  Right now, they look pretty good, with images
providing rounded edges and shading.  However, I still have some problems to
solve.

1.) it seems I can't get the tabs to left align using images.  They seem to
fill 100% of the panel width

2.) the active tab can only be textually skinned as the
separator-after-selected entry doesn't seem to offer a way to skin the right
and tab curves of the tab.

3.) the tab widths can't be fixed, and seem to be based on the text.

4.) can I center my text in the tabs?

5.) also the skin documentation on the web seems out of date and doesn't
mention panelTabbed etc.

Thanks,
D.

af|panelTabbed::tab {
    height: 100%;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    background-repeat : repeat-x;
    background-image :
url(/iAdvisorWeb/css/skins/CAFE/images/tabpanetab.png);
}

af|panelTabbed::tab-selected {
    height:    100%;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    background-repeat : repeat-x;
    background-image :
url(/iAdvisorWeb/css/skins/CAFE/images/tabpanetab.png);
}

af|panelTabbed::separator {
    width: 15px;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    background-repeat : no-repeat;
    background-image :
url(/iAdvisorWeb/css/skins/CAFE/images/tabpanetabsep.PNG);
}

af|panelTabbed::separator-after-selected {
    width: 15px;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    background-repeat : no-repeat;
    background-image :
url(/iAdvisorWeb/css/skins/CAFE/images/tabpanetabsep.PNG);
}

af|panelTabbed::cell-start {
    width : 5px;
    height : 100%;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    background-repeat : no-repeat;
    background-image :
url(/iAdvisorWeb/css/skins/CAFE/images/tabpanetableft.png);
}

af|panelTabbed::cell-end {
    width : 5px;
    height : 100%;
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    background-repeat : no-repeat;
    background-image :
url(/iAdvisorWeb/css/skins/CAFE/images/tabpanetabright.png);
}

--
Chordiant Software Inc.
www.chordiant.com