Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org> on 2008/12/10 19:44:23 UTC

mvn classworlds:uberjar

There was a conversion on this list in August that suggested jarjar,
minijar & shade style of working.

Selenium needs to bundle Jetty in its server jar.  Jetty is
notoriously hard to 'shade' given there are a gazillion fine grained
issues around reflection and other dependancies like the servlet api
(should that be shaded too ?).

The Uberjar way would preserve original class names, but hide them all
from other things in the classpath.  Selenium server is booted from
the command line via a main() method obviously - thus it is an ideal
case for Uberjar

Did anyone quantify how much and in what way things were slower with
Uberjar ?

Regards,

- Paul

Re: mvn classworlds:uberjar

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Paul Hammant wrote at Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008 00:29:

> There's one-jar now as a replacement for uber-jar.
>
> It looks much faster - I'm running with that.

In M1 we used javaapp instead - I suppose this did the same.

- Jörg

Re: mvn classworlds:uberjar

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org>.
There's one-jar now as a replacement for uber-jar.

It looks much faster - I'm running with that.

Cheers,

- Paul

Re: mvn classworlds:uberjar

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.