Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jerome Lelasseux <le...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/17 12:26:21 UTC

No logging in NB output window

Hi,
I remember that with Netbeans8/JDK 8, when I ran my java program from Netbeans the logging output was shown in the Netbeans output window. And when an exception occured the stack trace was shown with hyperlinks to code source, which was super convenient.
Today I use Netbeans 11.3 with AdoptOpenJDK11 (Win10 x64), and the output window only shows the Ant build process output, but nothing after the run command. I have to manually open messages.log and I loose the hyperlinks, which makes debugging tedious.

I checked that property netbeans.logger.console=true is used. I also found this old bug which describes the exact same issue but was solved a long time ago... 177820 – No logging in output window during execution

|  |
177820 – No logging in output window during execution

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Jerome