Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henrik Schlanbusch <he...@enovate.no> on 2008/05/05 06:26:40 UTC

[T4.1.5] - Inherited annotations fail

Hi

I see there has been a lot of activity on this before,
and the issue seems to have been resolved, still I
experience this problem in 4.1.3 and 4.1.5:

Exception: Error: An error occured processing annotation
@org.apache.tapestry.annotations.InjectState(value=bite-visit)
of public abstract no.imb.bite.framework.BiteVisit
no.imb.bite.framework.web.BiteBasePage.getVisit():
Property visit has already been accounted for by the
element at Annotation @org.apache.tapestry.annotations.InjectState
(value=bite-visit) of public abstract
no.imb.bite.framework.BiteVisit
no.imb.bite.framework.web.BiteBasePage.getVisit().

ComponentSpecification.claimProperty
(ComponentSpecification.java:670)
ComponentSpecification.addInjectSpecification
(ComponentSpecification.java:641)
InjectStateAnnotationWorker.performEnhancement
(InjectStateAnnotationWorker.java:54)
AnnotationEnhancementWorker.performMethodEnhancement
(AnnotationEnhancementWorker.java:140)

AnnotationEnhancementWorker.performMethodEnhancement
(AnnotationEnhancementWorker.java:109)

AnnotationEnhancementWorker.performEnhancement
(AnnotationEnhancementWorker.java:71)
performEnhancement($EnhancementWorker_119b741e3f6.java)
performEnhancement($EnhancementWorker_119b741e3fe.java)
performEnhancement($EnhancementWorker_119b741e3d0.java)
ComponentConstructorFactoryImpl.getComponentConstructor
(ComponentConstructorFactoryImpl.java:101)

getComponentConstructor($ComponentConstructorFactory_119b741e3b7.java)
PageLoader.instantiatePage(PageLoader.java:603)
PageLoader.loadPage(PageLoader.java:630)
loadPage($IPageLoader_119b741e3aa.java)
loadPage($IPageLoader_119b741e3ab.java)
PageSource.makeObject(PageSource.java:152)
GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericKeyedObjectPool.java:797)
PageSource.getPage(PageSource.java:176)
getPage($IPageSource_119b741e302.java)
RequestCycle.loadPage(RequestCycle.java:241)
RequestCycle.getPage(RequestCycle.java:228)
PageFormatLocatorImpl.activateSectionType(PageFormatLocatorImpl.java:132)

I have a superclass where my annotation is declared:

    @InjectState("bite-visit")
    public abstract BiteVisit getVisit();

The problem seems to be random. I never experience it in
firefox, but when
switching between Explorer 7.0 and Opera 9.27 the
exception randomly occurs.

This is a blocker for me. I hope that somebody can help me.

Henrik

Re: [T4.1.5] - Inherited annotations fail

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
So why don't you abandon tapestry?  Why do you hang around at all, if
such dedicated committers are abandoning it.  Journalistic fanatical
devotion to the truth and spreading it?  No... that's not it?  Howard
spurned your advances?  Could be.... Please.  Give me some other
answer that makes even some sense.  What could possibly motivate you
to constantly try to submarine Tapestry. What's the payoff, Rob?

Christian.

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ah, Rob, I'm sure your helpful nature has provided all the technical
assistance Henrik needed.  I'm still waiting for an answer from you on my
inquiries BTW.

Henrik provided enough information from someone who hit that exact problem
to understand.  There was not enough information for someone to easily
reproduce his problems.

Henrik, I have used 4.0.x and 5.0.x, so I'm don't have specific experience
with 4.1.x.  Given that there is a "history" behind the "Visit", I avoid
using that name for any application state object.  I doubt that is your
problem, but you never know.  I have never had problems with inherited
annotations.

Can you provide more of your source? Have you made sure you don't have any
old Tapestry jars around?

Jonathan

Posted by Rob Smeets <rb...@gmail.com>.