Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ka...@intercomponentware.com on 2005/03/02 14:01:15 UTC

Aggregate reports from subprojects in one "central" site

Hi guys,
    thanks to all who contribute to this mailing list, I've learned a lot
for maven from it.

    My company has got a big project divided into ~20 subprojects.
   We build / test etc. without problem, but when I try to create one
central site
   I bump into some subtle problems.

   I call "multiproject:site" and it generates correctly 20 different
sites + 1 site that
   is intended to be central and is in upper level  directory

  The central site does expose any links / signs that it is central site.
   However this can be solved, with the use of "navigation.xml".

   Now I have the problems : Why should our QM click on 20 different links
to view the
   reports (checkstyle, junit , ......).

   1) Is there any way to congregate the reports from
        the subprojects into one webpage ? (1 for checkstyle, 1 for junit,
....)

  2) first time I used multiproject:site it created the links towards
subprojects in navigation bar
      of central site automatically,but now this feature stopped to work
      I'm sure the latter problem is not due to some mistakenly defined
property ......
      Maybe it is caused somehow by that I have put the subprojects 2
folders levels below
     the central site, and at the beggining when maven:site worked it was
only 1 level ?

thanks very much to all of you,
    Kaloyan
Keep In Touch With Your Life Sensors

Re: Aggregate reports from subprojects in one "central" site

Posted by Ka...@intercomponentware.com.
Thank you very much Siegfried !
 It was just what I needed  :)

from day to day I fall in love with maven deeper and deeper :)

Kaloyan

Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>
03/02/2005 03:18 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Aggregate reports from subprojects in one "central" site

For aggregating reports I can recommend Vincent Massol's favourite toy -
the Maven Dashboard Plugin - checkout

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/dashboard/
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/dashboard-report.html

Cheers,