Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/02 08:57:33 UTC

[MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Hello.

It seems the JXR generated files are not included in the site when the
pom.xml uses a custom build directory. Files are generated in xref and
xref-test directories, in the custom build directory, but they are not
aggregated to the site report. It seems that running the site report
generation phase, files are searched from the standard build directory,
obviously not found, and causes the xref/index.html is empty. I've tested
this with a single module project, and also with a multi-module one.

For information, other reporting plugins, like PMD or CheckStyle, take the
change into account.

Is it a known bug ?

Is there a specific configuration property for the JXR plugin to take the
new directory into account ?

Thanks.

--

Ephemeris Lappis

RE: [MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.
Now, using first this other repository, and then the new JXR, it works !!!
Thanks...

--
Ephemeris Lappis

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Ephemeris Lappis wrote:
> OK.
>
> Thus, it seems a bit difficult, just to test if the JXR update works or
> not... Anyway, I've learned the way to do it !
> Just for my information : is it right to have some plugins or projects that
> set dependencies on a module that have no matching version in the
> repositories, as the plexus-utils with its failing snapshot version...

It is bad practice to deploy a SNAPSHOT of a plugin that has a SNAPSHOT
dependency that is not available in any repository. That being said the
plexus stuff is available in the codehaus repository. It can be found here:

   http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/

So you could try to add that repo in the same way that you did before.

> Is
> there anyway to force Maven to find an alternative version if the repository
> seems to be altered ?
> Thanks...
>
> --
> Ephemeris Lappis

Dennis Lundberg

RE: [MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
OK.

Thus, it seems a bit difficult, just to test if the JXR update works or
not... Anyway, I've learned the way to do it !
Just for my information : is it right to have some plugins or projects that
set dependencies on a module that have no matching version in the
repositories, as the plexus-utils with its failing snapshot version... Is

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Ephemeris Lappis wrote:
> Hello.
> I've tried what you said, but I have another problem when I explicitly
> change the JXR plugin version to snapshot : it seems that this indirectly
> activate some dependency on
> "org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.4.1-SNAPSHOT", and no repository
> hold it. I use "http://repo1.maven.org/maven2" and
> "http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository", and, if I'm not
> wrong, this project is not anymore in snapshot state... If I understand the
> error message, the snapshot dependency comes from
> "org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:maven-plugin:2.3.1-20070302.
> 212423-2"...
>
> Am I wrong ?

Unless you haven't done so already, I recommend that you lock down the
versions of all plugins in your pom. When you enabled the SNAPSHOT repo
you opened up for SNAPSHOTs of other plugins as well, unless you have
locked down the version for them.

> Thanks anyway...
>
> --
> Ephemeris Lappis

Dennis Lundberg

RE: [MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Ephemeris Lappis wrote:
> Indeed, it seems to be the same problem...
> How should i force Maven to use the latest snapshot plugin ?

Follow the instruction on page I sent a link to, and set up a plugin
SNAPSHOT repository. Then explicitly specify your version for the
plugin, like this:

<version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

> Thanks.
> --
> Ephemeris Lappis

Dennis Lundberg

RE: [MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Ephemeris Lappis wrote:
> Hello.
> The pom.xml is attached. I give you only the main project file, as it holds
> the directory configuration for all the modules. In this version, with the
> removed, it works... Hum... it looks like a bug, no ?

This sound like
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JXR-29
that has been fixed in the 2.1-SNAPSHOT version of maven-jxr-plugin

> I suppose I use the last release version, which is in my repository as 1.0.
> How can I force the snapshot version to be used ?

See this URL for info on how to set that up:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

> --
> Ephemeris Lappis

Dennis Lundberg

RE: [MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.
...the attached file... Sorry...

--
Ephemeris Lappis

maven-1.0.2 and hibernate-3.0 support

Posted by "Kalaveshi, Adrian" <ak...@rsasecurity.com>.
Greetings --

Does a hibernate-3.0 plugin (specifically supporting the hbm2ddl task
and annotations) exist for maven-1.0.2?  If not, has anyone cobbled one
together?

-adrian-

Re: [MAVEN][2.0.5] JXR files not included in site report when using a custom build directory

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.