Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Mercy Ma <me...@apache.org> on 2020/07/20 03:20:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.8 RC1

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache Dubbo version 2.7.8.

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/dubbo/2.7.8/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/releases/tag/dubbo-2.7.8

Hash for the release tag:
ed9cb9550c96b8878a83b902f6a605f5e4a94ef6

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/releases/tag/dubbo-2.7.8

The artifacts have been signed with Key: DA68B4F5, which can be found in
the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.8 RC1

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
I vote +1 (binding) to this release, and I checked the following items
briefly:

[v]  Are release files in correct location?
[v] Are the digital signature and hashes correct?
[v] Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists?
[v] Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct?
[v] Is the NOTICE year correct?
[x] Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
NOTICE?
[x] License information is not mentioned in NOTICE?
[x] Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so:
  [ ] Does the software have a compatible license?
  [ ] Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE?
  [ ] Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE?
  Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If so:
    [ ] Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE
file?
    [ ] Do all source files have ASF headers?
[v] Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version
control?
[x] Are there any unexpected binary files in the release?
[v] Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear?

I vote with:
[v] +1 release the software
[ ] +0 not sure if it should be released
[ ] -1 don’t release the software because..

Regards,
-Ian.

Posted by Mercy Ma <me...@apache.org>.
Hello Dubbo Community,

The release vote finished, We’ve received

+1 binding, Justin
+1 binding, Ian Luo
+1 binding, Mercy Ma

The vote and result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfab7af496285e295c78c4d4294d6e234eee99b1a7593b8737abc04fd%40%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
The vote passed. I am working on the further release process, thanks.

Best regards,
The Apache Dubbo Team

Posted by Mercy Ma <me...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)  approve