Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Rowles <JR...@ordsvy.gov.uk> on 2001/12/19 17:27:06 UTC

RE: Illegal State Exception - Further information.

> At intervals I get this error (or very similar).  I have
> previously got rid of it by removing what I last did!

I have commented out all my recent additions, and the system worked again.

I then uncommented all my comments, one by one, and guess what?  It still
works.

Anyone got any ideas?

J.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Tomcat 4, IIS, ISAPI redirector

Posted by "Dean H. Saxe" <de...@fullfrontalnerdity.com>.
I have run across an interesting problem with Tomcat4/IIS.  I have written
a servlet which proxies TIFF images to a user for diaply in a web page.  My
application works fine as long as I use MSIE to connect directly to Tomcat
and retrieve the TIFF images from the servlet.  However, when I connect to
IIS via HTTPS and the image is returned (I know it is from the logs) MSIE
generates an error that the plugin could not read the data.  Furthermore,
my logs show the connection from MSIE is established twice, back to back.

This has led me to believe that the connection between IIS and Tomcat
through the ISAPI filter is possibly causing the inclusion of different
headers (content-type, perhaps?) or other information in the HTTP response
header which is causing MSIE to choke on these images.  Has anyone here
seen similar issues with IIS/Tomcat4/ISAPI redirector?  Is anyone aware of
any tools which would allow me to sniff and decrypt the returned headers?

Any advice/help I can get is greatly appreciated.

-dhs