Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <jo...@bpm-inspire.com> on 2019/01/25 07:20:45 UTC

Enforce no local versions

Hi,

is there an enforcer rule to ensure that no local versions have been
defined for dependencies? I always thought, there is one already
available, but somehow I do not find it...

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: Enforce no local versions

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Tamás,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:40:03 +0100 Tamás Cservenák wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly: to enforce there is no reactor project in
> depMgt section of child modules?

No. I don't want that someone uses a version tag in the dependency section of a POM, since all versions have
been defined somewhere in the parent's depMgt section.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
If that's the case then maybe take a look at the analyze-dep-mgt goal of
the dependency plugin.[1]

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-dep-mgt-mojo.html

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell

Posted by Mikael Åsberg <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Harald Wellmann <hw...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean a rule to enforce no snapshot dependencies? In that case,
there is a rule called "requireReleaseDeps".

"No local versions" does not really make sense to me, because any remote
dependency will first be downloaded to your local repository.

Regards,
Harald