Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Moshe Kravchik <mk...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/01 09:34:16 UTC

Axis - ATL SOAP incompatibility problem

Hi all!

I've encountered with what seems to be a compatibility problem between ATL
SOAP Web Service and Axis client.
The minimal scenario is like that. I create a service using ATL Server having the following
function:

struct SITest{

int val;

};

[id(1)] HRESULT PassStructInt([in]SITest data);

When I create the proxy classes using WSDL2Java and try to call this
function, I get back the SOAP fault response and I can see in debugger
console the following lines:

ATL Server only allows href's on arrays and structs.

ATLSOAP: fatal parse error: Unspecified error

I've got the SOAPToolkit trace and I can see that in the request the val
inside the struct is passed using href.

So I've two questions:

1. Is that a known issue and how do I overcome it? I need to pass structures
back and force, it is basic mechanism.

2. What other incompatibilities are waiting for me between ATL and Java?

Thank you,

Moshe.

Re: Axis - ATL SOAP incompatibility problem

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I would say that this is a problem in ATL. The SOAP spec permits hrefs
in any compond type (not just arrays and structs). You should ask the
ATL group what other parts of the SOAP spec it doesn't support.

To avoid this issue, I suggest that you use literal encoding rather
than SOAP encoding.

Anne