Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "webmaster@oredelmondo.it" <we...@oredelmondo.it> on 2005/06/16 14:10:54 UTC

Packet is larger than max_allowed_packet using DB

Hi, I used James storing all on the file system,
the <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize> so, no limit, did I rigth?
All works rigth also mail with 10Mb attcahed.

Untill I switched to use DB (MySql ) as storing system, I got this
exception:

/16/06/05 13:37:30 INFO  James.Mailet: Error while storing mail.
javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception caught while storing mail
Container: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is larger than
max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
    at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.store(JDBCMailRepository.java:764)
    at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:819)/

But the <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize> was not changed

Where is this limit setted?

Regards

Re: Packet is larger than max_allowed_packet using DB

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> [...]
> Untill I switched to use DB (MySql ) as storing system, I got this
> exception:
>
> /16/06/05 13:37:30 INFO  James.Mailet: Error while storing mail.
> javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception caught while storing mail
> Container: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is
> larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of
> 1048576 bytes
> [...]
> But the <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize> was not changed
>
> Where is this limit setted?

The limit is in the mysql configuration: You can change the mysql
max_allowed_packet from the my.cnf (usually in the /etc/ folder).

Stefano