Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pascal Fonte <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/10 12:32:22 UTC

[install as win service] procrun windows executable ? is tomcat5.exe obsolete?

Hi,

I want to install tomcat 5.0.28 as a windows service.
in a batch, I call the exécutable Tomcat5.exe (Prunsrv).
it works

however,
- the tomcat 5.0 documentation says nothing about tomcat5.exe
- the tomcat 5.5 documentation says that the Tomcat5.exe function is
obsolete :
"This section of the documentation applies to procrun 1.0, and is now
obsolete."
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/windows-service-howto.html

Anybody knows if the Tomcat5.exe executable shipped with "tomcat version
5.0.28" is obsolete?

Unfortunately, I could not find the procrun windows executable files
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/procrun.html

Anybody knows where I could find more documentation about procrun and
procrun windows executables files ?

thank you in advance

Pascal

Does the tomcat5.exe procrun file work with tomcat 5.0.x ? (no doc)

Posted by Pascal Fonte <pa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

Does the tomcat5.exe procrun file work with tomcat 5.0.x ?
Indeed, this file is shipped with tomcat 5.0.30, but there is no
documentation in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/setup.html

Thanks a lot

Pascal

Re: [install as win service] procrun windows executable ? is tomcat5.exe obsolet

Posted by Pascal Fonte <pa...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you very much.

Now, with the wrapper I have an alternative way to install tomcat 5.0.28 as
a windows service.

However, I would like to make sure:
- the tomcat5.exe procrun executable works fine with tomcat 5.0
- I can use the procrun documentation to manage the tomcat5.exe procrun
executable.

Thank you again

Pascal

Re: [install as win service] procrun windows executable ? is tomcat5.exe obsolete?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.