Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Prasanna kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/12 14:47:08 UTC

BroadCast Operator not working higher parallelism

Hi,
FLINK version 1.12.7
We have the following job.
Source Read from Kafka apply broadcast rules and then write output to
kafka.
We are reading from S3 and writing to broadcast state.

This works till parallelism of 4 . See image (1)
For >4, only a few tasks are populated.
This means that the rules are not updated resulting in a large number of
rows unprocessed.

Is this an existing bug ?
If so has theis been fixed in the following versions ?

Image 1

Image 2 ( See many sub tasks with 0 in received and 0 in sent)

Prasanna.

Re: BroadCast Operator not working higher parallelism

Posted by Prasanna kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Actually the metrics in the UI shown in wrong and i tested and verified
that all the broadcast state operators got the records.

Posted by Roman Khachatryan <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,