Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Vignesh Swaminathan <vs...@cordys.com> on 2006/03/01 14:14:13 UTC

What is the support for CLOB and BLOB?

Hi

Does DDLUtils help in overcoming the CLOB , BLOB issues with JDBC?
Should I still use a platform specific class for CLOB and BLOB datatype?
(any other approach other than doing a double update to insert, query
and update with blob/clob again)?

<vignesh/>
"Winning solutions find the right balance between market needs and
technical needs"

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally  privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if
you have received this message in error. This email does not constitute any
commitment  from Cordys Holding BV or any of its subsidiaries except when
expressly agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.

Re: What is the support for CLOB and BLOB?

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 3/1/06, Vignesh Swaminathan <vs...@cordys.com> wrote:

> Does DDLUtils help in overcoming the CLOB , BLOB issues with JDBC?
> Should I still use a platform specific class for CLOB and BLOB datatype?
> (any other approach other than doing a double update to insert, query
> and update with blob/clob again)?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean? DdlUtils is intended to be used
to setup databases and initialize them with data (both esp. from XML
files). You can define binary data in your data xml file (e.g. in
base64 encoding or using your own custom data converter), and DdlUtils
should write this into a Blob column without problems (same in the
other direction).

Tom