Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Steven Crosley <st...@mac.com> on 2007/12/02 00:35:31 UTC

Converting an XMLCalendar using JSTL

I'm trying to format a date from my model using JSTL:

<fmt:formatDate value="${test.myDate}" type="date" pattern="dd/MM/
yyyy"/>

When I do this, I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert 2007-11-29T15:53:22
of type class org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlCalendar to class java.util.Date

Is there a way to convert an XmlCalendar date object using the
standard tag libraries?

Thanks,
Steven

Re: Converting an XMLCalendar using JSTL

Posted by Steven Crosley <st...@mac.com>.
nm, figured out that you have to call parseDate before formatDate.

thanks,
Steven