Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Dalys Sebastian <se...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/14 17:47:30 UTC

Axis2+WSS4J: WSSecurityException - Check Signature confirmation

I am running Axis2 (version 0.93) with WSS4J enabled. The service is running under
Tomcat5. I have JKS keystores setup for both client and server.
I am able to send a secure message from the client to the server and the server responds
with a return message. But when the client reads the response, it's giving the following
exception:

WSHandler: Check Signature confirmation: got a SC element, but no stored SV; nested
exception is:
        org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Check Signature
confirmation: got a SC element, but no stored SV

I fired up tcpmon and monitored the messages. I can find that in the message that is send
from the client to server, there is a signature value element.
And in the response, I can find a signature confirmation with one of its attributes as
the same value that the server send as 'signatureValue'.
Then, why does the client respond with this exception?

Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks,
Dalys

Re: Axis2+WSS4J: WSSecurityException - Check Signature confirmation

Posted by Dalys Sebastian <se...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ruchith, Werner,

Thankyou both for your input. I am using Axis2 (0.93) and I checked the configuration
file for the client in its sample security example, and could not find the element you
both mentioned, <enableSignatureConfirmation>.

But I was using asynchronous web services with 0.93 and I switched to synchronous and I
could get rid of that exception.

Thanks a lot.
Dalys

Posted by Dalys Sebastian <se...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ruchith, Werner,

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dalys,

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Dalys,

maybe the client is not configured to support signatureConfirmation.
It's  "on" per default, but it could be switched off using a WSDD
setting. Can you check (or mail) the client's WSDD file?

Regards,
Werner

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dalys,