Posted to users@felix.apache.org by KingSaladin <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/02 11:34:49 UTC

Unable to deploy and test Apache Felix Web Console & Script Console Plugin

Hi There,

I am discovering Apache Felix and i am experiencing few issues while
installing the  Apache Felix Web Console and the Script Console Plugin.

What i have done so far is that i downloaded the latest Felix Framework
version and started it using the java -jar bin/felix.jar as explained here
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-framework/apache-felix-framework-usage-documentation.html
<http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-framework/apache-felix-framework-usage-documentation.html>
. Felix starts with no problem:

g! lb
START LEVEL 1
   ID|State      |Level|Name
    0|Active     |    0|System Bundle (5.2.0)
    1|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Bundle Repository (2.0.4)
    2|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Command (0.14.0)
    3|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Runtime (0.16.2)
    4|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Shell (0.10.0)
g!

Than i wanted to install the Apache Felix Web Console following
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-web-console.html
<http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-web-console.html>

g! install
http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/felix/org.apache.felix.webconsole-4.2.12-all.jar
Bundle ID: 15
g! lb
START LEVEL 1
   ID|State      |Level|Name
    0|Active     |    0|System Bundle (5.2.0)
    1|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Bundle Repository (2.0.4)
    2|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Command (0.14.0)
    3|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Runtime (0.16.2)
    4|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Shell (0.10.0)
   15|Installed  |    1|Apache Felix Web Management Console (All In One)
(4.2.12.all)
g!

but i am facing this error :
g! start 15
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve
org.apache.felix.webconsole [15](R 15.0): missing requirement
[org.apache.felix.webconsole [15](R 15.0)] osgi.w
iring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.servlet)(version>=2.4.0))
Unresolved requirements: [[org.apache.felix.webconsole [15](R 15.0)]
osgi.wiring.package; (&(os
gi.wiring.package=javax.servlet)(version>=2.4.0))]
g!

If i understood correctly i am mising the javax-servlet bundle! if yes , how
can i overcome this , if no can anyone explain to me what i am mising
exactly ?

My fibal goal is actually to install the webconsole , get it started and
than install the Script console plugin ( to discover how Felix does support
multiscripting evaluation):
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-script-console-plugin.html
<http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-script-console-plugin.html>

Environment:
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro
JDK 1.7
Maven 3
org.apache.felix.main.distribution-5.2.0

Re: Unable to deploy and test Apache Felix Web Console & Script Console Plugin

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

You will need to install both servlet-api and one bundle that provdes a
httpservice. One alternative is to install the following bundles:

-
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.felix|org.apache.felix.http.servlet-api|1.1.2|bundle
-
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.felix|org.apache.felix.http.api|3.0.0|bundle
-
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.felix|org.apache.felix.http.jetty|3.1.0|jar

BR,
Sten Roger

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Script Console plugin code is at [1] which you can have a look. In
brief the bundle looks for other bundles having file
/META-INF/services/javax.script.ScriptEngineFactory and then keep a
registry of supported script engines. The webconsole plugin then looks
up the write engine implementation based in input params and then
evaluates the script

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://github.com/apache/felix/tree/trunk/webconsole-plugins/script-console/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/webconsole/plugins/scriptconsole/internal

Posted by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz>.
Hi KingSaladin,

Apache Felix framework is an OSGi container. It is not a Servlet Container.
To have a Servlet based web server, you should install one as OSGi bundles.
There are several options:

   - felix-http
   <http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-http-service.html>
   with its dependencies. There is an  all-in-one bundle
   <http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22org.apache.felix.http.bundle%22>
that
   contains everything you need
   - pax-web <https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/paxweb/Pax+Web>