Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Mark Aufdencamp <ma...@aufdencamp.com> on 2008/04/04 19:56:23 UTC

Case Sensitivity in Container Managed Security

Hi All,

I have an application that utilizes a Database Security Realm and
j_security_check.  It's current simple definition, SELECT User_Name,
User_Password FROM Users WHERE User_Name=?, results in a case sensitive
user name and password.  I'd like to modify this, so that the user name
is NOT case sensitive (Leaving the password case sensitive).

Is there an easy way of defining this?

I can changed the query to an UPPER() and use Javascript to UPPER() the
user name before submitting to j_security_check, but these seems like a
lot of work for such a simple feature.  Thoughts anyone?

TIA,
Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com