Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Pradheep Shanmugam <Pr...@infor.com> on 2016/11/23 15:56:23 UTC

Salting an secondary index

Hi,

I have a hbase table created using phoenix which is salted.
Since the queries on the table required a secondary index, I created index using phoenix.
Can this index also be salted which may place the rows randomly in different Rss?
Even of the index is not salted, will the index be useful when we salt the actual table?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Pradheep

Re: Salting an secondary index

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
IIRC, SALT_BUCKET configuration from the data table is implicitly
applied to any index tables you create from that data table.