Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by cr...@goingware.com on 2000/02/26 11:59:28 UTC

re: Xerces-C 1.1.0 beta 2 (marked _d15)

Hi,

I know I still need to get the files to you, but is it possible to get these into
1.1.0:

- Erik Ulevik's Win32 transcoder that uses the Win32 system API rather than the
standard library widechar functions

He submitted this a while back for 1.0.1, but I modified it to compile under 1.1.0

I'd like you to have this because the existing win32 transcoder won't work under
metrowerks codewarrior for windows because it's behavior for some of the
widechar functions are different than under visual C++.

- support for Metrowerks Codewarrior for windows

this would include the above, plus patches to (I think) AutoSense.hpp, a header
file, and project files.

Metrowerks Codewarrior is an IDE that uses binary project files to manages its
sources and compilation, which is annoying for use in CVS, but I understand that
I can export a project as an XML file (!) that would be conveniently handled by
CVS.

Taking these changes shouldn't change code for any users other than me!  But
the changes will be visible to others.

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com