Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Lee <le...@online.sh.cn> on 2002/08/20 09:21:42 UTC

How to add a script code to generated text/html reponses

Hi friends,

I was wondering how to automatically insert a paragraph of javascript
codes into the responsed output for a selection of requests. I am new
to apache httpd. I guess a filter or some other API would be a good choice.
But
the outputs are not only from static html files, but generated by CGIs
or others  dynamically. The key requirement is not to alter all the
existed applications. Any ideas or informations would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you.

James Lee

Re: How to add a script code to generated text/html reponses

Posted by Bob Ramsey <ro...@uiowa.edu>.
At 08:39 AM 8/21/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>That is different. 'headers/footers' only work to the static web pages,
>.i.e., the HTML files.  But what I want to do is to insert a 'footer' to all
>'text/html' type body, even it is generated by CGI, or other applications.
>
>I know it is possible under Microsoft's IIS using its ISAPI filter. But I
>want to solve this problem under Apache. Is it possiable?

Here's a page that gives some instructions that seem applicable:

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/98/38/index2a_page7.html?tw=programming

This walks you through how to configure apache to put specific text on
every page.

Let me know if this works or is what you mean.

Bob

Re: How to add a script code to generated text/html reponses

Posted by Mayl Support <su...@mayl.net>.