Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Warren Kiser <wa...@hioscar.com> on 2015/02/28 01:12:25 UTC

Unlimited Log Retention

Does anyone know how to achieve unlimited log retention either globally or
on a per topic basis? I tried explicitly setting the log.retention.bytes to
-1 but the default time policy kicked in after 7 days and cleaned up the
messages.

Thanks!

Warren

Re: Unlimited Log Retention

Posted by Warren Kiser <wa...@hioscar.com>.
Thanks! 245,146 years is more than enough for me.

Re: Unlimited Log Retention

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unlimited Log Retention

Posted by Mark Roberts <wi...@gmail.com>.
Wouldn't it be a better choice to store the logs offline somewhere? HDFS and S3 are both good choices...

-Mark